Friday, March 18, 2005

Some thoughts...

I am on my way to my lab and I meet this guy on the way.

"Hi dude...!! Whats up?" I say, trying to sound as cheerful as possible.
"Yaaaa... (In falling pitch)"
"How is your work going?"


A shrug and an array for facial expressions ranging from a weak smile, to exasperation, boredom and fatigue. I stand there for a second or two, listening to his sighs and a half-hearted attempt to summarize his activities for the week. (What he is finally trying to say is that he is having more work than he can handle, so leave me alone?!)

"Well, see you later.take it easy man." I say and walk off.

This is not new. I have met a lot of these unhappy people. They make it look as if their work has taken away all of their life. They hardly have anything to think or talk other than their boring life. Their life is all but meaning. They claim that their busy schedules don?t give them any time to indulge in anything other than work. Even a casual conversation finally ends up in work load and uninteresting life.

I feel that there is a lot to enjoy in life. Let's admit it. Everybody has their share of fun. No matter what. Whether you are in a great company or a not-so-great company, whether you have money or you don?t, whether you like your work or you don?t like your work, integral (birth to death) fun-in-life dx is the same for all. What you think about your life purely depends on how you look at it. You just have to find that right perspective to look at life and look from that angle at all times. Granted, things are never easy. Things are more "not the way I want" than "the way I want". But that is what keeps us going? As someone wisely put, "Man survives, oddly enough, only in a challenging environment." Its only when a shark is lurking about; a fish remains frisky and healthy. The same applies to us as well. Well...I mean, in spirit...(Aaaaahhhh...!!! There is a shark in my room...!!!)

So first let's convince ourselves that our lives are indeed exciting. And you can make it more exciting by making time to do things you want to do.

So, go ahead and find such things. And do it. You have only one life...live it.

1 comment:

Sinfully Pinstripe said...

c'mon maga... where the hell are ya? No post for a truckload of days....

Post post...